What is the GRASSROOTS Family Gathering?
It is a weekly gathering of our Gospel Communities with a focus on the centrality of Jesus through communal worship.
- The centrality of Jesus in worship through communal adoration, thanksgiving, and praise.
- The centrality of Jesus in worship through our communal engagement with scripture.
- The centrality of Jesus in worship through our communal participation in communion.
- The centrality of Jesus in worship through our relationships with one another.
- The centrality of Jesus in worship through our communal service together.
We gather weekly at the 719 Commons @ 10:30am. On Sunday 1-3, we have nursery available for children birth – 3 years of age. Children 4 – 7 participate with their parents in musical worship, communion (if they believe in Jesus), and story telling; however, from 11:00am-11:45am they are invited to participate in a child appropriate engagement of Scripture. Every 4th Sunday, we have an Agape Feast (meal that culminates in communion together) that includes all the kiddos. When there is a 5th Sunday in a month, we have meals in our neighborhoods or with our relational networks.
We don’t develop programs. Rather, we foster missional, incarnational practices. If you are used to having lots of religious goods and services for you to pick and choose from, we will sorely disappoint you. We’re participatory and are becoming increasingly aware of our need to be equipped for ministry (which shapes us). So, we expect everyone to participate in worship, contribute to the health of the whole (which includes serving when we gather), and live into relational life together in and through Jesus Christ.